    SubjectRe: [update] Re: new execve/kernel_thread design
    On 12/7/2012 5:23 PM, Al Viro wrote:
    > Current situation:
    >
    > * most of the architectures are OK - alpha arm arm64 c6x frv hexagon ia64 m68k
    > microblaze mips openrisc parisc sparc s390 tile um unicore32 x86 xtensa
    >
    > * powerpc *still* awaits an ACK from maintainers; no reports of any breakage
    > on linux-next and seems to be doing fine on my tests.
    >
    > * sh - still nothing from Paul; I'm going to assume that what we have in
    > linux-next is OK
    >
    > * mn10300 - untested, AFAIK
    > * avr32, blackfin, cris, h8300, score - maintainers seem to be MIA
    > * m32r - maintainer is not MIA, but I'm not sure if anyone, including
    > maintainer, has working m32r test boxen anymore... Anyway, not a word on
    > m32r patches in that pile.
    >
    > Folks, this is the final warning - I *will* send a pull request on the
    > stuff currently in linux-next as soon as the merge window opens. It had
    > been sitting there for a long time by now and you've all been Cc'd on
    > that thread all along.

    IMHO, Al has done a great job reaching out to the architecture maintainers with this round of changes. I think it should be a model for any kind of similar tree-wide work.

    --
    Chris Metcalf, Tilera Corp.
    http://www.tilera.com

      Last update: 2012-12-08 04:21    [W:3.231 / U:2.084 seconds]