SubjectWhat does ISA/PCI really mean to ARM architecture?
Hi, list

I know this might be a very basic question. But I really don't clear at
it.

Can a peripheral chip that claims to be ISA or PCI device be used in a
ARM based embedded system? For these kind of chips, I only concern
about the planar kind of devices, means they are not on a dedicated
expansion card.

From hardware point of view, to attach a ISA or PCI planar chip, is
there any requirement need to fulfill on a ARM bard?

From Linux driver point of view, what are needed to support an ISA or
PCI driver in ARM architecture? More important, is ISA or PCI device a
platform device? If not, how to add these kind of devices in my board
definition?

I know my question might not be reasonable enough, if I messed concepts,
please sort me out.

Thanks in advance.

--
woody
I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then.

  Last update: 2012-12-27 10:01    [W:0.037 / U:0.660 seconds]