    SubjectRe: Linux 3.8-rc1 - another regression on USB :-(
    On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 02:35:49PM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > Woody,
    > Any chance you can bisect this? It's not going to be hugely pleasant
    > (with 11k+ commits in between 3.7 and 3.8-rc1 you'll have to compile
    > and test at least 14 kernels), but it would help enormously. Of
    > course, maybe some USB person can guess what would cause the device to
    > go offline..
    >
    > Added Greg and the linux-usb mailing list to the participants list:
    > the images are in the original email on lkml, but there isn't anything
    > particularly interesting there, it really just seems to be an
    > unexpected and spurious USB disconnect, resulting in "USB disconnect,
    > device number 2" followed by "Rejecting I/O to offline device".

    I don't see any images on lkml, sorry.

    The kernel log for when the disconnect happened would be great to get.

    The kernel can't cause a device to disconnect, that's an electrical
    thing usually, is this perchance a flaky device/connection? Or has it
    always worked on older kernels?

    What host controller is being used here (xhci, ehci, etc.?)

    thanks,

    greg k-h

      Last update: 2012-12-24 01:01    [W:5.072 / U:0.164 seconds]