SubjectRe: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 3/3] virtio-balloon: add auto-ballooning support
On Thu, 20 Dec 2012 05:24:12 +0000
Dietmar Maurer <dietmar@proxmox.com> wrote:

> > > Wow, you're fast! And I'm glad that it works for you, so we have two
> > > full-featured mempressure cgroup users already.
> >
> > Thanks, although I think we need more testing to be sure this does what we
> > want. I mean, the basic mechanics does work, but my testing has been very
> > light so far.
>
> Is it possible to assign different weights for different VMs, something like the vmware 'shares' setting?

This series doesn't have the "weight" concept, it has auto-balloon-level and
auto-balloon-granularity. The former allows you to choose which type of
kernel low-mem level you want auto-inflate to trigger. The latter allows you
to say by how much the balloon should grow (as a percentage of the guest's
current memory).

Both of them are per VM.

  Last update: 2012-12-22 23:21    [W:0.041 / U:0.032 seconds]