    SubjectRe: Linux 3.8-rc1
    On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 06:00:58PM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > The longest night of the year is upon us (*), and what better thing to
    > do than get yourself some nice mulled wine, sit back, relax, and play
    > with the most recent rc kernel?
    >
    > This has been a big merge window: we've got more commits than any
    > other kernel in the v3.x kernel series (although v3.2-rc1 was *almost*
    > as big). It's been a rather busy merge window, in other words.
    >
    > The diffstat looks normal: about 63% of the patch being to drivers
    > (staging, networking, scsi, gpu, sound, drbd etc) , 18% architecture
    > updates (with various ARM platform things being the bulk of it as
    > usual, sigh), and the rest being "various", like core networking,
    > filesystems (new f2fs flash-optimized filesystem) and include files
    > etc.
    >
    > I'm appending the "merge shortlog" which is about the only half-way
    > readable automated data I can give you. There's a *ton* of stuff here.
    > Go out and test it,

    Hi Linus,

    Was there anything wrong with Frederic's printk patches? They are needed
    as one of the steps to acheive tickless for a CPU running a single task.

    https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/12/17/177

    Maybe his "RFC" threw you for a loop. It was RFC as, if you're OK with
    it, please pull it, otherwise please comment to what you think is
    wrong with it.

    It's been in linux-next for a while without anyone complaining about it.
    I replied to his patch with the diff against your tree as Frederic left
    that out.

    Thanks,

    -- Steve

      Last update: 2012-12-22 04:21    [W:4.930 / U:0.004 seconds]