SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] notification tree changes for 3.8
On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 2:38 PM, Eric Paris <eparis@redhat.com> wrote:
> I believe you would get a build failure after this pull due to the
> addition of procfs information for *notify fds. The attached patch from
> sfr should be applied during the merge to change the spin_lock in that
> patch to the mutex in this patch.

I'm not going to bother pulling this.

It's coming in late in the merge window, it has been rebased days ago,
and it changes fundamental infrastructure.

This has been a huge merge window, and this is just too late and too
surprising. The commits are marked as being written 18 months ago, but
then the commit date is after the merge window started, and sent the
day before it closes.

WTF? If they've waited 18 months, there cannot be this kind of
last-minute hurry now. Why did you wait until the last minute?

Linus

  Last update: 2012-12-21 03:21    [W:0.056 / U:0.560 seconds]