SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] Automatic NUMA Balancing V11
From
On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 7:19 AM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 2:03 AM, Mel Gorman <mgorman@suse.de> wrote:
>> This is a pull request for "Automatic NUMA Balancing V11". The list
>
> Ok, guys, I've pulled this and pushed out. There were some conflicts
> with both the VM changes and with the scheduler tree, but they were
> pretty small and looked simple, so I fixed them up and hope they all
> work.
>
> Has anybody tested the impact on single-node systems? If distros

I tested your tree till this patch set under our lkp testing system,
with benchmark kbuild, aim9-mutitask, specjbb2005 -openjdk/jrockit,
hackbench-process/thread, sysbench -fileio-cfq, multiple loop back
netperf, on 2 laptops, SNB i7, and WSM i5.
only aim9-mutitask-nl (2000 loads, increment 100) has about 2%
performance drop on both of machine.
all others has no clear performance change.

> enable this by default (and it does have 'default y', which is a big
> no-no for new features - I undid that part) then there will be tons of
> people running this without actually having multiple sockets. Does it
> gracefully avoid pointless overheads for this case?

  Last update: 2012-12-20 15:41    [W:0.107 / U:0.088 seconds]