SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] core block IO bits for 3.8
Hello, Jens.

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 06:04:42PM +0100, Jens Axboe wrote:
> OK, if you have something generic for threadpools in mind, we can wait
> with this one. I just thought that a "real" interface was nicer than
> manual setting, especially since the flusher threads come and go. Then
> you'd need some udev hook to get it set, not even sure how easy that
> would be with the weird linkage.

I've been thinking about this and I think what we really need is a
generic interface for thread pools where the user can specify various
attributes - priority, affinity and probably cgroup association, so
that those attributes are exposed in generic manner while backend
creates and manages worker pools identified by actual attriutes so
that we don't end up with gazillion pools. crypto and writeback would
be the obvious users and probably the virtio too. I'll write more
when things get more concrete.

Thanks.

--
tejun

  Last update: 2012-12-17 19:01    [W:0.052 / U:0.236 seconds]