SubjectRe: [RFCv3] perf: proposed perf_event_open() manpage
[CC += tglx]

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 7:54 AM, Vince Weaver <vincent.weaver@maine.edu> wrote:
> Hello
>
> Here is an updated version of the proposed manpage.
>
> Ingo, Peter Z., I know you're busy but would it be possible for you
> to give this a sanity check? This is likely to become the document
> that most users of the perf_event ABI will be using so it's important
> to catch any problems with it now.
>
> The most recent changes have been updates to the documentation on signal
> generation on overflow and the PERF_EVENT_IOC_REFRESH ioctl(). It would
> be nice if people in the know could review these; the perf_event overflow
> handling is a mess that varies from kernel to kernel and the intended
> "official" behavior is hard to pin down.
> For example, on recent kernels it seems that attr.wakeup_events is
> ignored and an overflow signal is *always* sent on event overflow.

Thomas, and Ingo(?)

As the folk who first had a hand in implementing this system call
would you be willing to take a look at this page that Vincent has
devoted a great deal of effort to? Please?

Thanks,

Michael

--
Michael Kerrisk
Author of "The Linux Programming Interface"; http://man7.org/tlpi/

  Last update: 2012-12-13 11:21    [W:0.156 / U:0.764 seconds]