SubjectRe: HOTPLUG replated patches
On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 09:04:12AM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I haven't been closely following things, but is there any reason that a
> large number of these CONFIG_HOTPLUG and __dev* patches are being merged
> via the driver-core tree rather than through the relevant maintainers
> trees? They aren't particularly urgent as far as I can see. And they
> already have, and probably will, cause unnecessary conflicts between
> trees.

I merged the ones that were acked by the subsystem maintainer through my
driver-core tree. Others are coming in through the subsystem
maintainer's trees, as they have applied them there.

So it's a mix, depending on the subsystem maintainer's wishes.

And yes, it's going to be a bunch of trivial merge issues, sorry about
that, I don't know of any other way at the moment to deal with that.

thanks,

greg k-h

  Last update: 2012-11-29 00:01    [W:2.642 / U:1.316 seconds]