SubjectRE: [RFC] staging: ste_rmi4: merge into the main kernel tree
Date
Hi Dmitry,

> > > Please have Greg commit the patch that Henrik reviewed to staging and
> > > then work with Christopher Heiny group on getting the full featured
> > > driver into mainline.

Thanks for your reminding, final patch has been re-sent to staging
maintainer.

> In this case you need to enumerate the benefits of this driver over
> unified driver and show why the unified driver can't be fixed.
>
> Currently the driver is in mainline (even though the directory is
> staging) and nobody will remove it until another driver is fully
> functional and ready for prime time. But once this happens I do not see
> the benefits of maintaining 2 drivers for the same hardware.

I see. Given that the driver will remain in mainline before generic driver
is ready, currently I will continue to maintain the driver in staging.

Appreciate your response.

Alexandra

  Last update: 2012-11-16 12:01    [W:0.073 / U:0.376 seconds]