    SubjectRe: [RFC Patch v1 38/55] ARC: Low level event capture/logging
    On Monday 12 November 2012 07:25 PM, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
    > On Monday 12 November 2012, Vineet.Gupta1@synopsys.com wrote:
    >> +EXPORT_SYMBOL(take_snap);
    >> +
    >> +EXPORT_SYMBOL(take_snap2);
    > Where are these functions called?

    These are called from various parts of ARCH code, such as before
    handling signal or TLB flush etc.

    > Shouldn't this all just be part of the perf module?

    These are for low level ARCH specific event snapshotting. Maybe
    perf/ftrace already have some of these in the generic code which
    eventually call the ARCH APIs. Our current perf support is just husk of
    an implementation. Once we have the full perf / ftrace support this
    module - except for the even t capture part could just go away.
    OTOH, I've not seen much usage of this from loadable modules - so if you
    deem correct, I can even remove the export.

    > If not, can you make the exports GPL-only?

    Am I right in understanding that this is more related to discouraging
    non GPL modules "in general" than having to do with port itself.

    > Arnd

      Last update: 2012-11-15 12:21    [W:4.697 / U:0.084 seconds]