    SubjectRe: Why Cypress does not upstream its trackpad driver?
    On 08/11/12 10:26, David Solda wrote:
    > Dmitry, all,
    >
    > To clarify my comment. Our protocol utilizes 8 bytes which are needed in our driver. In order for the Linux system to accept 8 bytes of data, the Linux psmouse system driver is required to be modified. Without this modification, the driver that you are referring to will not work correctly. The psmouse system driver change that would be required is the item that would be rejected.

    In this case, would a solution that involves submitting two separate
    patches be suitable?

    For example, an initial patch set to psmouse that allows an arbitrary
    number of bytes be
    (accepted? used?), while keeping a default value to allow the other
    old drivers to keep working,
    and then another patch set with the new driver utilizing the first patch
    set?

    Sorry if this doesn't make any sense - I've been working with generics
    and abstract class structure
    in Java for the last few weeks, and forget what parts are possible in C
    and which parts are not.

    Keep up the good work. Even if it's a driver that needs a change, it's
    still an open-source driver! Be happy :)