SubjectRe: urandom is too slow
On 30.10.2012 23:38, Alan Cox wrote:
> If you want to wipe a disk issue a security erase command via hdparm.
> There is no guarantee that simply writing crap all over it will re-use
> the same sectors of physical media, and for a flash drive it causes
> massive wear and takes forever while a security erase is normally near
> immediate. Alan

Thank you for your answers, they should be very helpful for someone who
is actually blanking or shredding their disks. However, I am just
genuinely interested on why is no better CSPRNG algorithm used in the
kernel (is it simply because no-one sent a patch or am I missing
something?).

  Last update: 2012-11-02 02:21    [W:0.097 / U:0.032 seconds]