SubjectRe: Linux 3.3-1 out - merge window closed
On 01/24/2012 01:32 AM, Rusty Russell wrote:

>> > Hi Linus,
>> >
>> > I'd also like to see this merged. Rather than going off and inventing
>> > something completely new, Ohad has built on the existing virtio
>> > infrastructure to implement IPC between CPUs and DSPs running
>> > different operating environments. This is a strong step in the
>> > RightDirection(tm) in my opinion and such behaviour should be
>> > encouraged.:-)

I didn't see any virtio spec patches for rpmsg, with the result that
virtio id 7 is being used also by the virtio-scsi patches. I can
certainly push virtio-scsi to 8, but perhaps there's something to
improve on the communication side...

The code for both drivers seems more or less at the same stage ("wait
for someone to pull", respectively Linus and James Bottomley).

Paolo

  Last update: 2012-01-31 18:05    [W:0.046 / U:0.156 seconds]