SubjectRe: Hung task when calling clone() due to netfilter/slab
On Thu, 19 Jan 2012, Eric W. Biederman wrote:

> On the flip side removing from sysfs with locks held must be done
> carefully, and as a default I would recommend not to hold locks over
> removing things from sysfs. As removal blocks waiting for all of the
> callers into sysfs those sysfs attributes to complete.
>
> It looks like you are ok on the removal because none of the sysfs
> attributes appear to take the slub_lock, just /proc/slabinfo. But
> it does look like playing with fire.

Ok then I guess my last patch is needed to make sysfs operations safe.

It may be good to audit the kernel for locks being held while calling
sysfs functions. Isnt there a lockdep check that ensures that no locks are
held?

  Last update: 2012-01-20 15:53    [W:6.579 / U:0.028 seconds]