SubjectRe: loading firmware while usermodehelper disabled.
Date

> > > That's not actually true ... you can ask the drivers if they need to
> > > load firmware after resume ... that can be implemented and udev can
> > > handle it. The driver should know if the hardware it's controlling is
> > > stupid or not.
> >
> > Device IDs can morph due to a power loss. After resumption another driver
> > would bind.
>
> What do you mean? I don't think I quite follow.

Ah I see ... you mean like you can swap the devices (eg. usb devices) when the
computer is asleep. Yea, that's an issue.

On the other hand, you'd expect those to keep pestering udev to load firmware
later in the wakeup process (maybe it can be somehow defered?). But if we
actually implemented some pre-suspend FW cache, it might help the speed of
resume a bit, right ?

> > Regards
> >
> > Oliver

  Last update: 2012-01-01 18:09    [W:0.091 / U:0.536 seconds]