SubjectRe: USB mini-summit at LinuxCon Vancouver
On Thu, Aug 04, 2011 at 07:21:47PM -0300, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> I know that this problem were somewhat solved for 3G modems, with the usage
> of the userspace problem usb_modeswitch, and with some quirks for the USB
> storage driver, but I'm not sure if such tricks will scale forever, as more
> functions are seen on some USB devices.

Well, no matter how it "scales" it needs to be done in userspace, like
usb_modeswitch does. We made that decision a while ago, and it is
working out very well. I see no reason why you can't do it in userspace
as well as that is the easiest place to control this type of thing.

I thought we had a long discussion about this topic a while ago and came
to this very conclusion. Or am I mistaken?

thanks,

greg k-h

  Last update: 2011-08-05 00:59    [W:5.206 / U:0.032 seconds]