SubjectRe: USB mini-summit at LinuxCon Vancouver
> instead of using the V4L2 device node to access the stored images, it probably makes
> more sense to use a separate device for that, that will handle a separate set of
> ioctl's, and just use read() to retrieve the image data, after selecting the desired
> image number, via ioctl().

How will you handle the permission model, what about devices where you
need the V4L2 controls to take the picture in the first place ?

It seems it should really be the same device and just a minor tweak to
the API. V4L2 already provides frame reading and mapping functionality
and the media layer provides post processing services which I could
conceive some setups needing to use.

gphoto would just open the v4l device ask for still image stuff and
discover it wasn't available.

  Last update: 2011-08-12 12:15    [W:0.068 / U:0.180 seconds]