    Subject[patch v3 0/6] nohz idle load balancing patches
    This is the -v3 of the load balancing patches that makes nohz idle
    load balancing more scalabale. While the last 2 in the series are not
    directly related to nohz, I clubbed them as part of this series as I noticed
    them while I was working in this area and they helped the context switch
    intensive workloads improve on the 8-socket system.

    First RFC version of this can be found at
    https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/11/1/368

    Second version of this can be found at
    https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/11/18/518

    changes from v2:
    a. Make the changelogs more descriptive.
    b. nr_busy_cpus in the sched_group_power is updated when entering idle
    irrespective of whether the tick is stopped or not.
    c. kick the idle load balancer for the groups sharing package resources
    and having more than one cpu busy.
    d. Incroporate Mike's patch for enhancing ttwu_feature instead of disabling
    the feature by default.

    thanks,
    suresh

      Last update: 2011-12-02 02:13    [W:3.397 / U:0.064 seconds]