SubjectRe: Setting up Silicon image 3114 in DMA mode
On 06/30/2010 08:30 AM, amruth pattanada wrote:
> Hi
> I need some clarification regarding read DMA data from silicon image
> controller. How do know that DMA transfer happened and where to look
> for the data after the transfer. Should we look at BAR2 channel X Task
> file register data word or look into allocated DMA buffer which is
> specified in the PRD table. I am reading 0x00 in the PRD table scatter
> gather list and it hangs in the when I tried to read data word of
> channel task file register. Please let me know how to read data buffer
> after the DMA is complete.

Teaching you how to write a non-Linux driver is outside the scope of
linux-ide and linux-kernel. This information is covered by the freely
available Silicon Image documentation, and SiI support should be able to
assist you further beyond that.

Jeff

  Last update: 2010-07-01 02:35    [W:0.044 / U:0.056 seconds]