    SubjectRe: ARM defconfig files
    On Thu, Jun 03, 2010 at 07:46:23PM +0300, Tony Lindgren wrote:
    > Compiling in multiple ARM platforms is trickier, we would have to get
    > rid of the duplicate defines like NR_IRQS, then have some common clock
    > framework etc. Then figure out some way to get rid of Makefile.boot.
    > Russell probably has some other things in mind that would have to be
    > changed to make this happen.

    - Find someway to handle the wide variety of interrupt controllers.
    - Be able to handle any multitude of V:P translations, including non-linear
    alongside linear transations.
    - Different PAGE_OFFSETs
    - Different kernel VM layouts allowing for a variety of different ioremap
    region sizes

    and so the list goes on...

    > That way maybe you can wait a bit longer for the other defconfigs
    > and as an extra bonus I won't get flamed for removing these omap
    > defconfigs ;)

    Note that Linus is talking about removing all but one or two ARM
    defconfigs - which means your omap3_defconfig will probably be
    eventually culled.

    --
    Russell King
    maintainer of:

      Last update: 2010-06-03 20:15    [W:4.040 / U:0.196 seconds]