SubjectRe: [RFC] mlock: release mmap_sem every 256 faulted pages
Date
> > A more compelling description of why this problem needs addressing
> > would help things along.
>
> Oh my. It's probably not too useful for desktops, where such large
> mlocks are hopefully uncommon.
>
> At google we have many applications that serve data from memory and
> don't want to allow for disk latencies. Some of the simpler ones use
> mlock (though there are other ways - anon memory running with swap
> disabled is a surprisingly popular choice).
>
> Kosaki is also showing interest in mlock, though I'm not sure what his
> use case is.

I don't have any solid use case. Usually server app only do mlock anonymous memory.
But, I haven't found any negative effect in your proposal, therefore I hope to help
your effort as I always do when the proposal don't have negative impact.

  Last update: 2010-11-24 01:01    [W:0.106 / U:0.416 seconds]