    SubjectRe: [RFC/RFT PATCH v3] sched: automated per tty task groups
    * Lennart Poettering <mzxreary@0pointer.de> [2010-11-20 16:41:01]:

    > On Sat, 20.11.10 09:55, Balbir Singh (balbir@linux.vnet.ibm.com) wrote:
    >
    > > > However, I am not sure I like the idea of having pollable files like that,
    > > > because in the systemd case I am very much interested in getting
    > > > recursive notifications, i.e. I want to register once for getting
    > > > notifications for a full subtree instead of having to register for each
    > > > cgroup individually.
    > > >
    > > > My personal favourite solution would be to get a netlink msg when a
    > > > cgroup runs empty. That way multiple programs could listen to the events
    > > > at the same time, and we'd have an easy way to subscribe to a whole
    > > > hierarchy of groups.
    > >
    > > The netlink message should not be hard to do if we agree to work on
    > > it. The largest objections I've heard is that netlink implies
    > > network programming and most users want to be able to script in
    > > their automation and network scripting is hard.
    >
    > Well, the notify_on_release stuff cannot be dropped anyway at this point
    > in time, so netlink support would be an addition to, not a replacement for
    > the current stuff that might be useful for scripting folks.

    Agreed, we still need the old notify_on_release. Are you suggesting
    that for scripting we use the old interface and newer tools use
    netlink?

    --
    Three Cheers,
    Balbir

      Last update: 2010-11-22 07:27    [W:6.194 / U:0.000 seconds]