SubjectRe: New true IDE compact flash driver starting point?
Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Thursday 08 January 2009, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
>
>> I've done something similar to this for 8250 serial ports, but I am
>> having a difficult time finding out how to do this with pata_platform.c
>>

> Just grep for pata_platform_info to find example code.
>
> Arnd <><

Thanks again Arnd. I did that yesterday and got it working last night!
The only thing I have questions about are:

1) Since this is for a quasi realtime application, is there any
advantage to using the interrupt line regarding how the CPU spends its
idle time waiting for the flash? (I have an interrupt line I can use.)
Currently I am not sending in the IRQ resource, resource array length of
2, not 3.

2) I am getting this message during boot up: "Driver 'sd' needs
updating - please use bus_type methods". Again this is kernel 2.6.26.
It seems like this can be safely ignored, but if its easy to get rid of
that I would be happy to back port a patch.

I really appreciate your help.

Dick Hollenbeck

  Last update: 2009-01-09 19:25    [W:0.039 / U:0.012 seconds]