SubjectRe: Vramfs: filesystem driver to utilize extra RAM on VGA devices

> If I was to build this and try it our (not saying I have time right
> now though) then as root how do I determine what size file system I
> can build? Do I run fdisk against /dev/fb0 and look at what portion is
> unallocated?

The capacity is automatically set to the amount of VRAM out there, based
on what the PCI subsystem says the resource length is. So if you mount
your ATI Radeon's VRAM and it has 512MB on it, you'll get a filesystem
with a capacity of 512MB.

Fdisk is not necessary, the filesystem structures are maintained in
system memory not VRAM. Like tmpfs/shmemfs the filesystem structures are
discarded on unmount, though the contents are not cleared from VRAM.

Adding a mount parameter to override the PCI system reported length
wouldn't be hard either.

  Last update: 2009-01-27 22:19    [W:0.077 / U:0.060 seconds]