SubjectRe: Building two (external) modules from the same sources
On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 09:49:34AM +0400, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
> I have here driver that can be built for two different types of
> hardware from basically the same sources (this is port of old Agere
> drivers for Hermes-I/Hermes-II chipsets).

Cool, do you have a link to the code, I'd be glad to add it to
drivers/staging/ if it's not in a fully-mergable state yet to get wider
users for it.

> Build differs only in one define -DHERMES2 and single file with
> different firmware. Unfortunately "if HII" are spread over sources
> which makes splitting of sources rather questionable.
>
> What is the best way (from kbuild POV) to build two modules - for H-I
> and H-II - from the same set of source files?

Not to create two different modules, but rather have one module that
works for both pieces of hardware, with dynamic checks for the different
portions.

thanks,

greg k-h

  Last update: 2008-10-01 05:23    [W:0.061 / U:0.928 seconds]