SubjectRe: Thinkpad brightness keys kill X on 2.6.26.5
Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>

>> I just upgraded from 2.6.25.17 to 2.6.26.5 on my Thinkpad Z61t, and found
>> the brightness keys will cause the X server to die. When using the
>> brightness up/down keys, the screen will go blank -- Control+Alt+F# will
>> still switch to a different virtual console, but switching back will not
>> restore the video state.
>>
>> After killing the window manager, I was able to bring up X again without
>> a problem -- but using the brightness keys still causes it to go blank
>> again within X, while the brightness does get changed correctly on the
>> console.
>>
>> There were no kernel messages, but this appeared in the Xorg log:
>>

> Yes, I had similar problems... for me it blanked screen on closing
> lid. Problem disappeared after upgrading X...
>

>> .config attached -- is this a known issue? In the meantime, I'm starting
>> a bisection to figure out where the problem crops up.
>>

> For me CONFIG_ACPI_VIDEO never really worked...

On my shiny new X200 running Fedora Rawhide, I'm finding that the
brightness control keys work OK, but the backlight remains stuck off
after a resume. The machine is working fine but the backlight is just
off; I can see the display under a bright light. Switching consoles and
poking about in /sys/class/backlight/acpi_video?/ didn't help.

  Last update: 2008-10-01 03:01    [W:0.065 / U:0.660 seconds]