SubjectRe: SMACK netfilter smacklabel socket match
Date
Am 26.09.2008 um 05:43 schrieb Casey Schaufler:

> Tilman Baumann wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> i made some SMACK related patches. I hope this list is the right
>> place to post them.
>
> Here and, probably more importantly linux-security-module@vger.kernel.org
> as that's
> my primary hang out.
>
>> The intention behind this patch is that i needed a way to
>> (firewall) match for packets originating from specific processes.
>> The existing owner match did not work well enough, especially since
>> the cmd-owner part is removed.
>> Then i thought about a way to tag processes and somehow match this
>> tag in the firewall.
>> I recalled that SELinux can do this (SECMARK) but SELinux would
>> have been way to complex for what i want. But the idea was born, i
>> just needed something more simple.
>>
>> SMACK seemed to be the right way. So i made a little primitive
>> netfilter match to match against the security context of sockets.
>> SMACK does CIPSO labels, but this was not what i wanted, i wanted
>> to label the socket not the packet (on the wire).
>> This of course only works for packets with a local socket, but this
>> was my intention anyway.
>>
>> This way i can label a process and all it's sockets carry the same
>> label which i then can use to match against in the firewall.
>>

> Hmm. It looks as if your code will do what you're asking it to do.
> Are you going to be happy with the access restrictions that will be
> imposed by Smack?

I helped myself with rules like this.
_ foo rwx
But i wanted to add some security stuff like selinux for years,
and SMACK seems to be just great.
So i will spend some time making security rules after i got this routing
stuff to work. :)

Regards
Tilman

  Last update: 2008-09-26 10:23    [W:0.136 / U:0.152 seconds]