SubjectRe: Broken XFS partition
On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 12:36:25PM +0200, Sylwester Gruszka wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem with XFS partition, it has broken down suddenly. I was doing
> no special things, just browsing www and suddenly my PC has restarted, after
> that I could not boot by PLD Th linux, after few usual kernel messages I get
> some matrix of numbers and it stops.
>
> I realised that it is broken partition after I tried to repair system, I just
> could not mount this partition (using sysrescuecd), 'mount' gave me lots of
> weird numbers instead of mounting partition. It only do that way at first try,
> the second try always freezes mount program and nothing is happening.
>
> Here are some screenshots (mount using SystemRescueCd-1.1.0 so the kernel is
> propably 2.6.25.16):
> http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc01043ko6.jpg
> http://img179.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc01044yj4.jpg
> http://img158.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc01045sr3.jpg
> http://img221.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc01047js4.jpg

This indicates a corrupted log record is being incorrectly parsed.
Please try adding the patch I posted yesterrday that fixed a
fs-fuzzer triggered occurrence of the same oops....

This patch will prevent the oops, but you'll still need to manually
repair the damage to the FS.

Cheers,

Dave.
--
Dave Chinner
david@fromorbit.com

  Last update: 2008-09-25 00:55    [W:0.054 / U:2.084 seconds]