SubjectRe: [00/03] [RFC] USB debugging rework
Date
Greg KH wrote:
> I've been annoyed for a long time that we make users go off and rebuild
> their kernels just to enable usb debug messages. So finally, here's the
> start of fixing that issue.

Will your patches also allow to turn off the usb debugging at some point,
for example after system boot has been completed if the debugging was
only needed to analyze a boot issue?

I noticed earlier this week that USB debugging will really flood the
syslog and had to rebuild my -rc2 kernel without debugging and reboot to
get rid of it. AFAICT with your patches only rebooting would be needed,
but it would be even nicer if it also could be turned off (and on?) using
a sysfs parameter.

Cheers,
FJP

  Last update: 2008-08-10 01:01    [W:0.080 / U:0.152 seconds]