SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] mdb-2.6.27-rc2-ia32-08-07-08.patch
From
>> Jeff,
>>
>> This definitely looks interesting and it even worked for me - breaking
>> in couple of times, trying various commands and resuming back to X all
>> works. Never tried a kernel debugger before but most things were
>> obvious after I figured out that I need to be on the VT to be able to
>> press break and be dropped into the debugger.
>>
>> That said, it triggers soft lockups on all the suspended CPUs - not a
>> big deal and probably expected, but I guess that can be cured by
>> touching the soft lockup watch dog or something?
>
> Yep.
>
> It does with this kprobes interface, I noticed it last night. I will run
> this down. I am touching the watchdog in the keyboard handler.
>
> Jeff

Reproduced it. It just spits out the noisy message but the system
continues and the processors resume running. This is is an esoteric
issue, but I will run it down. It does not happen on kernel versions
prior to 2.6.26.

Jeff

>> Thanks
>>
>> Parag

  Last update: 2008-08-08 15:47    [W:0.089 / U:0.000 seconds]