SubjectRe: XFS noikeep remount in 2.6.27-rc1-next-20080730
On Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 09:31:33PM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> I'ts most likely a fallout, but I wonder why. To get this behaviour
> moutn would have to add all the options it finds in /proc/self/mounts
> to the command line.

mount(8) does not read and use /proc/self/mounts at all.

Karel

Man mount:

remount

Attempt to remount an already-mounted file system. This is commonly used
to change the mount flags for a file system, especially to make a readonly
file system writeable. It does not change device or mount point.

The remount functionality follows the standard way how the mount command
works with options from fstab. It means the mount command doesn’t read
fstab (or mtab) only when a device and dir are fully specified.

mount -o remount,rw /dev/foo /dir

After this call all old mount options are replaced and arbitrary stuff
from fstab is ignored, except the loop= option which is internally gener-
ated and maintained by the mount command.

mount -o remount,rw /dir

After this call mount reads fstab (or mtab) and merges these options with
options from command line ( -o ).

--
Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com>