SubjectRe: loaded router, excessive getnstimeofday in oprofile
On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 22:55:29 +0300
Denys Fedoryshchenko <denys@visp.net.lb> wrote:

> On Thursday 28 August 2008, Eric Dumazet wrote:
> > OK, please try oprofile with call graph analysis.
> I did already. Even because most of programs (except ripd/zebra) can be
> killed, and i kill them, it doesn't change almost anything.
>
> it seems heavy things causing instability:
>
> 1)HTB (resolution can be lowered to improve performance, i will try Jarek
> patch soon)

If you are doing HTB it also calls clock to get timing information.
Each packet dequeue in htb calls psched_get_time() and that becomes
another call nano-second real time clock.

If your embedded processor has really expensive clock, you probably
just want to provide an alternative cheaper time source with less
resolution.

  Last update: 2008-08-29 17:47    [W:0.178 / U:1.716 seconds]