    SubjectRe: question wrt /drivers/char/tty_io.c in pre 2.6.16 code
    Thanks Greg/Alan,
    As for maintaining 2 and a half year old distros that's my job.
    I think I figured out a way of doing the flow control.
    I need to wrap the line discipline function pointer
    disc->ops->receive_buf(tty, char_buf,flag_buf, count);
    in /drivers/char/tty_io.c for my hso driver anyway
    I can put in a counter in this wrapper decrementing
    the buffers full & increment the counter each time
    I call tty_flip_buffer_push(tty); which I will only
    do if there are less than 2 buffers busy.

    If this idea is plain wrong let me know.

    --
    best regards,
    D.J. Barrow

      Last update: 2008-08-28 09:51    [W:3.807 / U:0.040 seconds]