SubjectRe: PROBLEM: USB keyboards works only 4 per PC host port
On Tue, 19 Aug 2008, Randy Dunlap wrote:

> > 2.6.22-1-mepis-smp
> > Quite stable. Have oops sometime inside evdev. Support up to 16
> > USB keyboards, where 4 hubs are plugged into PC and 4 keyboards on
> > each hub. Any hub cascade support only 4 keyboards, where 5th or more
> > is registered but don't send input events. Oops inside evdev , when
> > USB keyboard unplugged. No slow down even all USB keyboards does
> > not work properly. My be this one support more than 16 keyboards, but
> > i don't have PC USB ports enough.
> Has the evdev oops been reported and/or fixed? I think that we would
> prefer to fix that soonish.

We haven't seen the respective oops yet, or have I missed it?

I'd bet it is fixed in newer kernels by patches that introduce proper
locking into evdev code.

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs

  Last update: 2008-08-19 17:25    [W:0.047 / U:0.272 seconds]