SubjectRe: [git pull] core fixes

* Nick Piggin <nickpiggin@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> You didn't at all point to any *upsides* of your merging in this way,
> so I assume there are none?

ah, i think i see where the confusion comes from. I assumed you knew
that by the time your corrected patch arrived i already sent my pull
request to Linus [having tested it and having found no immediate
problems with it] and Linus already merged it?

So i did a delta patch and sent a second pull request, with a second
branch. No puppies got hurt in the process as the two commits are close
to each other and werent in fact pushed out by Linus separately.

Obviously you are right in the general case and we try to avoid
splitting up fixes into two parts when possible.

Ingo

  Last update: 2008-08-18 08:25    [W:0.048 / U:1.508 seconds]