SubjectRe: [bug?] tg3: Failed to load firmware "tigon/tg3_tso.bin"
Alan Cox wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 14:57:56 -0400
> Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org> wrote:

>>> No I can see that, should be a simple matter of sending David patches.
>> Isn't it David's obligation not to remove a highly reliable, working system?
>
> I don't see why it should be David's job to add every conceivable feature
> to the code.

Just whose job is it, exactly, to avoid regressions?

Why is it unfair to ask a patch author not to break stuff?

> And this is the pot calling the kettle black. You badly
> broke Marvell PATA support by setting the Marvell SATA devices to AHCI. I
> note you've still not fixed that after some months.

Even if we accept that at face value, which I don't (it's more a driver
load order issue), that is no excuse for further regressions.

Jeff

  Last update: 2008-07-07 21:19    [W:0.190 / U:0.080 seconds]