SubjectRe: 2.6.26-rc9: Reported regressions from 2.6.25

On Mon, 7 Jul 2008, Adrian Bunk wrote:

> Humans react differently to programs than to humans interacting with
> them, and tons of automated mails without any actual efforts by humans
> can easily be considered a non-friendly act.

Adrian - please just stop this.

*DEVELOPERS* are human too.

And if you cannot accept the fact that developers need feedback as well as
reporters - a simple "is it still a problem" report - then why the *hell*
do you then talk about reporters being human?

> But for this bug I now found the commit that fixed it back in May.

Exactly. A _lot_ of problems are fixed independently of a specific
bug-report, either because others reported the issue too (and people
didn't necessarily even realize that it was the same problem), or because
a developer found it independently and fixed it.

> Is there any specific reason why your automated emails only go to the
> submitters but not to the maintainers of the code in question?

Is there any specific reason that you have been complaining about this for
A HELL OF A LONG TIME, without ever actually listening to what people like
me tell you, over and over and over again?

And no, this email wasn't autogenerated. But you seem to never react to
this.

Bug-reports absolutely *have* to be closed if they don't get minimal
feedback, including just a "it's still a problem".

Just accept it, Adrian.

Linus

  Last update: 2008-07-06 23:51    [W:1.311 / U:0.024 seconds]