SubjectRe: All 2.6.26-rcX hang immediately after loading ohci_hcd
Date
On Saturday 05 July 2008, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Greg, Alan, David - at this point I think the commit should just be
> reverted. We're past -rc9, and unless either of you can see some obvious
> alternate fix (eg some bug in the commit that explains Adrey's problems
> that can just be fixed), I'm not seeing any good alternatives.

Right. I tried RC9 on some OHCI hardware I have locally,
and none of it seems to have this problem. If I had more
PCI slots, I could test more OHCI silicon ... but those
are going the way of the serial port (at least on PCs).

The only regresion I uncovered is that my OMAP1 OSK stopped
booting sometime after RC2; that's not because of OHCI.

> I don't know what the hardware details are, but based on the bootup
> messages it seems to be a Toshiba motherboatd with an ALI 1535 chipset - I
> think it's a Toshiba Portege 4000 (which would mean that the OHCI
> controller is the ALI M5237).

I don't recall anything unusual about ALI and OHCI. They
worked fine for me in some K6 and K7 hardware I had back
then ... then they got renamed to ULI, bought by NVidia,
and killed.

- Dave

  Last update: 2008-07-06 19:29    [W:0.117 / U:0.072 seconds]