SubjectRe: 463 kernel developers missing!
David Schwartz wrote:
> because he has consent

Not. See below. Also remember that there are sometimes tags added to
the changelogs without having ensured that the respective person agrees
to this addition.

> if you want to
> argue that people must parse GPL submissions to figure out what's really
> covered by the GPL and what's not, you can certainly argue that.

The metadata (authorship, committership, changelog including sign-off
tags...) are not part of the submitted program source code.

The fact that I agreed to have aspects of my participation in the open
source project documented in the SCM does not imply an agreement that
these data may be copied into databases which serve other purposes.
--
Stefan Richter

  Last update: 2008-07-31 09:05    [W:0.084 / U:1.884 seconds]