SubjectRe: How to disable group scheduler correctly?
Alberto Gonzalez wrote:

> [1] For example, in Arch Linux the group scheduler was first enabled
> in 2.6.25, but due to latency issues it was quickly disabled. But
> after that, the following report claims to have problems with
> everything *GROUP* disabled and that you need to enable CGROUPS to
> solve them (the report links to similar reports on Gentoo and Ubuntu,
> so it seems the confusion is quite general):
>
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/10512

The linked thread talks about latency problems in the CFQ I/O scheduler,
not the process scheduler. It appears that enabling CGROUPS helps get
around the I/O scheduler issues.

Are you sure that you actually want to disable group scheduling for
processes?

Chris

  Last update: 2008-07-28 18:45    [W:0.046 / U:2.516 seconds]