SubjectRe: linux-next: Tree for July 18: sky2 WOL broken
Date
On Friday, 18 of July 2008, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Changes since next-20080717:
>
> Restored tree: ttydev.
>
> Temporarily dropped tree: acpi (confusion about its source).
>
> Most of the differences were conflicts moving from tree to tree as some
> of the trees are now merged into Linus' tree. Most have been inflicted
> on the driver-core and usb trees. I have not notified these separately.
>
> Because of the moving of conflicts around it is difficult to tell when
> they are going away (though I assume some are).
>
> The driver-core tree gained a conflict against Linus' tree.
>
> The usb tree inherited a build fix patch from the pci tree.
>
> The x86 tree gained a trivial conflict against Linus' tree but it was in
> a commit that is still being reverted.
>
> The ocsf2 tree gained several conflicts against Linus' tree because what
> was sent to Linus was not the same as what is in linuxt-next.
>
> The vfs tree gained conflicts against Linus' tree, the sparc tree and the
> mips tree.
>
> The semaphore-removal tree gained conflicts against Linus' tree that
> required the reversion of two commits.
>
> The ttydev tree had two patches that didn't apply and gained conflicts
> against the wireless tree and the usb tree (4). It also required a build
> fix patch.
>
> Lots of conflicts have gone from the x86 and ubifs trees.
>
> I have also applied the following patches for known problems:
>
> sparc64: sysdev API change fallout
> sparc32: smp_call_function API change fallout (this has already
> been fixed in the upstream sparc tree and comes from an incomplete merge
> on my part).
>
> This tree fails to build for ARCH=sparc (i.e. 32bit) with a 64bit gcc
> v3.4.5 - it tries to use the 64bit header files. This may be an artifact
> of one of my merge fixups, but I don't actually think so.

commit db99b98885e717454feef1c6868b27d3f23c2e7c
Author: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Date: Wed May 14 17:04:16 2008 -0700

sky2: put PHY in sleep when down

and

commit a068c0adf2fe28b324bca87f85d27af7f993cdaf
Author: Stephen Hemminger <shemminger@vyatta.com>
Date: Wed May 14 17:04:17 2008 -0700

sky2: pci power savings

break Wake-on-LAN on my test box using sky2. More specifically, with these
two commits applied the box hangs solid during hibernation/power off
while executing the sky2 callbacks.

The adapter is reported as 88E8056 (Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe mainboard).

Thanks,
Rafael

  Last update: 2008-07-20 02:21    [W:0.066 / U:0.172 seconds]