SubjectRe: macbook2,2 latest git mmconfig issues
On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 9:45 PM, Yinghai Lu <yhlu.kernel@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 8:39 PM, Justin Mattock <justinmattock@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello;
>> Well I couldn't really see what was happening
>> until I could experience this myself;
>> It seems the macbook pro ati chipset
>> is having the same problem as jack was with mmconfig yesterday.
>> I'm confused as to why my system was able to run this kernel(2.6.26.git1)
>> without a problem, now after doing a reinstall of the operating system
>> I am confronted with this same issue. How do I find the 0x3f number on
>> my system,
>> so I could plug that into the patch? to see if I can boot up
>> Now keep in mind the only difference with this install is the
>> installer took a dump
>> therefore you have to manually install grub(could this be the source
>> of the issue?)
>> regards;
>
> can you disable ASPM in your config.?
>
> YH

I enabled and disabled in the pci section
PCIEASPM still the same results.
applied the patch as well i.g.
mmconf_dmi_table
going to try detect end_bus_number patch to
see if it works
--
Justin P. Mattock

  Last update: 2008-07-19 07:57    [W:0.212 / U:0.136 seconds]