SubjectRe: [patch 1/3] fastboot: Create a "asynchronous" initlevel
On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 21:11:37 -0700
Daniel Walker <dwalker@mvista.com> wrote: levels 0 - 6, 1 = level 6a, 2 =

> > > Could you spawning one thread per cpu, and queuing the work
> > > evenly?
> >
> > not without loosing the ordering.....
> >

> I don't think there is any expectation for any given initcall to have
> a special ordering .. There is an ordering expectation for say
> initcall 6 runs before 6a , but not within the initcall ..

btw it's also about learning to crawl before learning to walk, before
learning to run. THis stuff is tricky and there are many hidden
problems; I rather start SIMPLE and understandably right, I don't want
to go "full parallel" now (or maybe ever, no idea, we need to learn
from this step first). Btw: I suspect the biggest gain comes from the
first step or two.. after that you soon get diminishing returns...

--
If you want to reach me at my work email, use arjan@linux.intel.com
visit http://www.lesswatts.org

  Last update: 2008-07-19 07:23    [W:0.069 / U:1.392 seconds]