SubjectRe: acpi based pci gap calculation - v3
Jesse Barnes wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 15, 2008 1:54 pm Alok Kataria wrote:
>> I have tested it with couple of different BIOS settings and it seems to
>> work as it should.
>>
>>> Most of the PCI bugs we
>>> have at the moment are related to PCI resource allocation failures. My
>>> hope is that finding more space will fix most of them. Assuming this
>>> patch doesn't have any dependencies, I can put it in my linux-next
>>> branch.
>> No dependencies, I had added a function e820_search_gap which is used by
>> this patch. This function is already in the mainline tree.
>> Thanks for applying.
>
> Ok, I stuffed it in my linux-next branch. I'll let it sit there for a day or
> so though, just to shake out any build problems etc. in linux-next before
> asking Linus to pull the whole lot.

For me it seems a little risky to push up that early. I think it would
be better to let it sit longer in linux-next for this. After all this is
a major change how IO resources are allocated. That is why I didn't pull
it into the ACPI release branch.

-Andi

  Last update: 2008-07-16 07:43    [W:0.461 / U:0.428 seconds]