    SubjectRe: [stable] Linux 2.6.25.10 (resume)
    Date
    First of all sorry for copy many people who maybe are not in the initial
    discussion, but since I've not been copied I have no idea who are and who
    are not in that thread ;)

    The point that many people are trying to make is that Linux has a policy
    defined in a document (Documentation/SecurityBugs) but are not following it.

    Don't really matter to us what the policy is, but it's really important to
    follow it (many people, who are security professionals need that, and many
    others, who are NOT security professionals also).

    We all know (both sides) that it's impossible to know everything related to
    every bug and it's security impact. But there is a lot of different
    situations well-known as a security problems (because the bug class is well
    know, because someone reported it with details to the devels, etc). Hide it
    is an option, disclouse it is another. Have a policy is what matters. Say
    something and do another thing is always bad to everybody involved.

    P.S: I'm talking by myself, not for the company that I work for.

    Rodrigo Rubira Branco (BSDaemon).

      Last update: 2008-07-16 07:25    [W:2.419 / U:1.264 seconds]