    SubjectRe: [GIT *] Allow request_firmware() to be satisfied from in-kernel, use it in more drivers.

    On Tue, 15 Jul 2008, Frans Pop wrote:

    > So, how is this solved by Debian for already existing firmware packages?
    > Basically by making a separate package for each firmware file (or
    > driver). This works because there are not too many of them, but having a
    > huge number of tiny packages is a nightmare by itself.

    Why don't you just take the kernel-supplied firmware and make it part of
    the kernel package? The same way the kernel-supplied modules are part of
    it?

    You're sounding like

    "Mommy, mommy, it hurts when I repeatedly hit my head against the wall
    and stick forks in my eyes!"

    and quite frankly, it doesn't make me go "Oh, poor baby" at all.

    Linus

      Last update: 2008-07-15 18:19    [W:3.731 / U:0.016 seconds]