SubjectRe: MMC: card test driver should not be builtin with other card support
On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 12:01:15 +0100
Ben Dooks <ben-linux@fluff.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 11:58:02AM +0100, ben@fluff.org.uk wrote:
> > The mmc test driver and mmc block driver will attempt to bind
> > to any card present in the system, which means only one of these
> > drivers will end up with the card. If either one of these is selected
> > as builtin, ensure the other does not get built.
> >

> This is what I would have liked to have done in Kconfig, but of course
> the system fails with a circular dependency error. Is there any way
> to get this done without some horrible hacks?

AFAIK, you can manually control the driver binding using sysfs. Should
be solvable for the rootfs case using an initrd.

Rgds
--
-- Pierre Ossman

Linux kernel, MMC maintainer http://www.kernel.org
rdesktop, core developer http://www.rdesktop.org

WARNING: This correspondence is being monitored by the
Swedish government. Use end-to-end encryption where
possible.

  Last update: 2008-06-20 19:11    [W:0.037 / U:1.912 seconds]