SubjectRe: Oops report for the week preceding June 16th, 2008
On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 10:54:14AM -0700, Greg KH wrote:

> We try to respect the authors of the code when not including them into
> the kernel tree for situations like this :)
>
> As for why Fedora added it, it might be because they can control both
> sides of the boundry with matching packages much easier.

That's exactly it. Dave Airlie keeps both the X and kernel side of DRI
in check in Fedora, and with him being the DRI maintainer, he tends to have
a good handle on the state of things.

Nouveau has been a bit bumpy, and isn't ready for mass-use, which is why
we don't enable it by default. We ship it, but a user has to actually
install it, and set it up to explicitly use it instead of the 'nv' X driver
right now. Given it's there as a sort of 'preview' for interested parties,
I don't think the world is ending because we jumped the gun by shipping
this even though it's not upstream.

Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk

  Last update: 2008-06-17 20:25    [W:0.179 / U:0.152 seconds]